Shrouded is a finalist in the 2017 Writers’ League of Texas Manuscript Contest
AUSTIN, Tx.: ThirtyNineStars, the business partnership of Austin writers Dixie Lee Evatt and Sue Meredith Cleveland, received the 2017 Ignite Rising Star Award from IngramSpark.
The writers, who publish under the pen name Meredith Lee, were notified that they were selected for the award, which recognizes, “authors new to IngramSpark in 2017 who have already demonstrated a savvy approach to their self-publishing journeys.”
IngramSpark is the distributor of the author’s debut novel, Shrouded. The thriller, the first installment in the Crispin Leads Mystery Series, is the story of a graduate student whose trip to Rome to study burial rituals at the Vatican is derailed when she is witness to a murder.
Ignite awards honor booksellers, publishers and libraries that exhibit outstanding best practices in indie publishing in three categories: best practices in indie publishing, best practices in community engagement and rising stars.
Shrouded is available locally at Book People and on line through Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Press Release
- “Shrouded” is a masterfully written mystery novel, powered by well-developed characters and a sophisticated plot. Who stole the Shroud of Turin, and what do they want with it? And who kidnapped our favorite nun, Sister Mary Llewellyn? Crispin, our anxiety-ridden but determined young sleuth, is on the case.”
—David Aretha is an award-winning author
- “Shrouded” is a really fabulous international jet-setting story with smart writing and a compelling plot. I enjoyed it thoroughly…”
— Sam Bond is an award-winning author
- “When Crispin Leads goes to the Vatican to explore funeral rites she finds herself in a devilish world of intrigue. . . . Crispin must see through the shrouds many use to hide the heartfelt wounds that define us. Shrouded is a contemporary thriller that speaks to the mind and heart of its readers.”
—Bill Johnson is author of A Story is a Promise & The Spirit of Storytelling
- “Crispin Leads is a heroine I can get behind: bold, brilliant, empathetic and intelligent. Traversing Turin and the Vatican Shrouded’s heroine will leave you breathless. It’s the mystery, not a man, that Crispin is out to solve.”
—Bethany Hegedus is an award-winning novelist and Creative Director of The Writing Barn
In SHROUDED, debut amateur sleuth Crispin Leads finds herself on a pulse quickening, brainteasing adventure in the style of The DaVinci Code. Crispin must go undercover, steal secret computer information, and stop an international conspiracy by combining travel, history, and cutting edge science. Move over Dan Brown! —Manning Wolfe – Texas Lady Lawyer Series
- “I could not put “Shrouded” down. It had all the right things I want in a mystery novel, adventure, intrigue, and a driven, interesting female protagonist. Crispin is a role model for us all- persistent and smart as a whip. She made me keep turning the pages. Much like the Dan Brown books, “Shrouded”, gives us new insight into religion and its inner workings and it left me wondering and thinking about many aspects of the Catholic church. This is the kind of book that makes you just want more. I can’t wait for more of Crispin and her adventures.”
— Katherine Moore- Editor and Ghostwriter
“Shrouded is well written, tightly plotted, and grabbed my interest. It would make a great film.”—Dr. William Sofer, Author. Giants of Genetics